Calmucho

A mashup/remix blog

Saturday 5 July 2008

Love Lament



The Kooks - Naive
The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through the Grapevine



I was feeling in a melancholy mood the other day so I thought I'd put together something that reflected my mood at the time. My collection of Motown acapellas seemed to be an ideal starting point given that Motown has produced a number of tracks bemoaning love in one way or another. You may have already worked out that I like to mix genres whenerever possible, so I thought I'd go for a modern-day indie instrumental to overlay some Motown acapellas onto. I'd recently stumbled upon some Kooks instrumentals of which one was the beautiful but malancholic Naive. Perfect! And this is the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home