Calmucho

A mashup/remix blog

Saturday 28 June 2008

Say It Right In Paradise



Featuring:
Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Various - Another Day In Paradise



Julie, A friend of mine from my YouTube channel pm'ed me last night to suggesting a mix of Nelly Furtado's Say It Right with Phil Collin's Another Day In Paradise. I hunted around for an instrumental version of the original Phil Collins track but couldn't find it anywhere. I don't think the track was ever released as an instrumental (at least, not according to discogs.com). I listened to a few alternate versions by other artists and none of them was really suitable, so I decided I'd combine them all together in one mix. This worked out for the best as the three different versions together give the track a really big layered sound, typical of an 80s power ballad.

It starts out slow and quite haunting to set the mood and slowly builds. It soon gets into its stride and there's a good climatic section towards the end.

I really like this one. Hope you like it too.

Many thanks to Julie for the idea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!

23 October 2008 at 04:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home