Calmucho

A mashup/remix blog

Monday 30 June 2008

Bleeding Mercy!



Featuring:
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Duffy - Mercy



This mashup features the two biggest-selling singles this year by UK artists. To be honest, this mix of styles shouldn't work at all: the keys of the two tunes are virtually incompatible and the tempos of the two tracks are 30bpm apart. Even the time signatures are different in the choruses. However, I was determined to make something that sounded listenable, and have just about succeeded (after a lot of hufing and puffing).

At first listen, the opening verses of the Leona track will probably sound off-key (it is in a different key here to the one you're used to hearing). However, once the chorus kicks in, it starts to make sense musically.

Hope you stick with it to the end as it gets better as the track progresses!

1 Comments:

Blogger wacky said...

OMG!! I love it! I saw this video this weekend at the Burbon Pub in New Orleans and I almost wet my pants. I love, love, love Duffy and I really love this mash-up with Leona. I think it really works to take Bleeding Love to a whole nother place.

This is really great. I'm so happy I found your blog. Keep up the good work. And I should mention I usually hate mashups but this is too good!

thanks!

31 August 2008 at 02:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home