Calmucho

A mashup/remix blog

Tuesday 24 June 2008

Kookie Monster



Featuring:

The Kooks - Always Where I Need To Be
Rihanna - Take A Bow



This mashup came about after giving Rihanna's track a few listens and thinking that it was just a bit too bland for my tastes. I knew it would sound better with a rock track underpinning it. I just needed to find a rock instrumental to accompany it. When I made this mashup back in April, the Kooks album had just been released in the UK to high acclaim. Luckily enough, the first single from it was in the same key and tempo (more or less!) as Rihanna's track. And the single contained an instrumental version, whoo hoo!! So, after smoothing out the tempo of the Kooks track, throwing in some vocal "Doo do do"s from my homemade acapella and sticking Rihanna over the top of it, this mashup was born.

I managed to cut the video a few days after the Rihanna video was premiered and uploaded it to YouTube on May 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home